Happy New Year #GLOWFITFAM
Every New Year, people make New Year’s resolutions. And we get it, why not, it makes sense right? New year, new start! But do you ever feel like that movie “Groundhog Day” with your new years resolutions? Do you feel like you keep revisiting the same ones year after year?
Just like in the movie, our resolutions can sometimes feel like they get stuck in this time loop? Why? Because maybe we have made them unrealistic, not specific enough, or we’ve forgotten to bring GOD into the decision making.
Either way, we should view resolutions as an opportunity for growth, improvement, and allow them to shape us into the best version of ourselves where we can glorify God, and He can use us.
Below are a few tips to try if you’ve had trouble keeping your resolutions in the past:
- BRING IT TO GOD: Spend time in prayer with Him and ask what areas of your life could use a little TLC? He will reveal it to you. He cares about the details.
- LIMIT YOUR RESOLUTIONS: This is a big one. Trying to change to many things at one time can actually turn into a negative experience. Instead, prioritize your list and choose your top choice. This will make your efforts more manageable and attainable. Plus, being successful with just one goal will boost your confidence to go to the next priority on your list.
- GET SPECIFIC: Try not to make general decisions and statements. For example, “I’m gonna loose weight”. Instead declare, “I’m gonna focus on loosing weight. My goal is to loose 12 pounds.”(Ok, mama bear side note here, be sure you are consulting your doctor first and find out what a good weight is for you before deciding on a weight loss number.)
- HAVE A PLAN: You’ve probably heard the saying, “Fail to plan, Plan to fail”. There’s so much truth there. Brainstorm on ways you can plan ahead. For example, if you’re trying to stop eating so much fast food, prepare your breakfast and lunch the night before. This way there’s no excuse to go through the drive through because you have planned ahead and already have a healthy choice available.
- GET AN ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER: This actually can be one of the toughest task to follow through with. Why? Because we don’t want to look like a loser if we fail. But if you’re serious, you will put your pride to the side and allow your family and friends to be your cheerleader .
- TRACK PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION: You’ve prayed, you decided on a goal, you have a plan in place and now have shared your goals with others. That my friend is progress right there. We must understand there will be setbacks. Things will happen that will try to derail us. And when they do, we must dust off the negative and put our next best step forward. Be sure to celebrate the little wins and keep making small steps toward the big goal..
City Rescue Mission Christmas Party!
“Oh what fun it is to teach a festive fitness class, Hey! . Boy did we have a great time at our City Rescue Mission Christmas Party!
No fancy dresses, just some good ole tennis shoes and workout gear. Look at these beautiful faces as we are learning to care for our bodies.
Such good times as we celebrated the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, through a fun worship workout.
We are so proud of you ladies
WOW… “Walking On Wednesday” continues through January! Yes, Come join us on Wednesdays in the parking lot of Celebration Church located at 9555 RG Skinner Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32256, at 6:30pm. Follow us on Facebook for updates!
As you may have heard, Team GLOW is participating in the Gate River Run on March 5th.
To help train for that event, we will start incorporating “Bridge Walks”.
Every Saturday in the month of January we will meet for a 3 and a 1/2 mile bridge walk downtown, starting at the Duval County School Board parking lot located at: 1701 Prudential Drive, Jax FL 32202. Arrive at 7:50am, start moving at 8:00am.
Come bridge walk with Team GLOW, as we challenge ourselves with heart pumping cardio, inclines, and elevations. What a great way to start your Saturday mornings!
Our first Bridge Walk will be Saturday, January 8th, 2022 at 7:50am!
Want to start the New Year off with a fresh new approach to fitness? That’s what “God Leading Our Wellness” offers.
Contact GLOW for more information on how we can partner with your church and/or women’s ministry.
May God Bless you all in the New Year
The GLOW Team can’t wait to workout with YOU in 2022